FUTURE-CASTING — Mastering Virtual Futurist Keynotes
Last month I shared ‘How to Create an Incredible Virtual Futurist Keynote’. Which discussed good information design and the equipment needed for me to deliver virtual keynotes.
Over the past few weeks I’ve developed my FUTURE-CASTING Platform for delivering incredible keynotes for clients. It’s a mash-up of eSports streaming, newscasting, documentary film making, and futurist keynotes.
It takes time to develop and deliver it. And, it’s 100% worth it. In that post I talked about the early set up I used and it’s been upgraded significantly since then.
Today, I presented ‘THE FUTURE OF EVENTS’ to one of the agencies that represents me today, and it felt great to reveal the work I had done in this short virtual keynote — take a look:
It’s taken a lot of hard work, tutorials and help from friends to build this out, and the response was great:
“The team were on fire after your delivery today — THANK YOU!!!!!!”
The key to FUTURE-CASTING — beyond the technology that I’ll share below — is threefold approach to content excellence:
- Each keynote is 100% customized — that’s been my promise since day one. It takes longer, but the client is paying for something special so work harder!
- Undertake a deep level of research — research the industry, and the industries that it feeds and that surround it. Interview key people from the client. Speak with academics and other futurists that have expertise you need to tap into.
- Deliver on content and value— provide an HD video of the talk, show actionable insights and always include a post- keynote report.
FUTURE-CASTING Platform Equipment
Warning! My equipment list has gotten even more out of control than before, but it’s simplified as well.
Here is my full home studio list:
- 16" Macbook Pro 2.6GHz 6‑core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz, with 12MB shared L3 cache running 10.15.4 Catalina
- iMovie and Quicktime for video editing
- Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers — 2.0 Active Near Field Monitors
- Panasonic Lumix G85 DSLR linked into the Macbook Pro via an Elgato Cam Link 4K
- eCamm Live 3.5.7 Pro Edition to be used with streaming platforms, like Zoom / Google Meet / Gotowebinar, and others*
- Loopback for virtual audio-routing (you’ll need that to route video audio from eCamm into the streaming platforms)
- 2x Canadian Studio light boxes
- 2x Neewer 45W 110V 5500K Tri-phosphor Spiral CFL Daylight Balanced Light Bulb
- Blue Yeti USB microphone
- Zmuipng 7 in 1 USB C Hub Adapter for MacBook Pro
- Samsung LS27F350FHNXZA 27-inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
- Neewer 6-Pack Set Heavy Duty Muslin Spring Clamps Clips
- MOUNTDOG 2M x 3M/6.5ft x 10ft Photo Backdrop Stand Kit
- Neewer 6 x 9FT / 1.8 x 2.8M PRO Photo Studio 100% Pure Muslin Collapsible Backdrop (green screen)
- USB C Hub, 9-in-1 USB C Adapter with 4K USB C to HDMI,VGA, USB C Charging, 2 USB 3.0, SD/TF Card Reader, USB C to 3.5mm, Gigabit Ethernet, and USB C
And, most importantly, an ETHERNET CABLE. You need to know that the majority of the streaming platforms throttle the bandwidth of those people that are connected via wifi. You’ll notice a significant difference in streaming quality by plugging in.
What is amazing about this setup is that I can pack it all into a single bag and take it on the road. Fore that I use some other equipment as well
- Neewer LED Video Lighting (mobile)
- Lumix G4 DSLR
- iPhone X
- Akyta HD Webcam 1080P (Backup Camera)
- 2x Joby Gorillapods (one static, and one adjustable)
- Sprout laptop stand
*Note that Skype for Business closes the app on Mac computers after 40 minutes. It is not recommended to use this platform.
It takes a lot of work and practice to deliver world-class virtual futurist keynotes. If you’re an event planner or agency then reach out and I can give you a demo.
I truly believe that if you go the extra mile for your clients and they will thank you and you’ll have great content to share online. Contact me if you want to discuss.
Nikolas Badminton is the CEO of EXPONENTIAL MINDS and an award-winning Futurist Speaker, researcher and author. His expertise and thought leadership will guide you from complacency to thinking exponentially, planning for longevity, and encouraging a culture of innovation. You will then establish resiliency and abundance in your organization. Please reach out to discuss how he can help you, and read on to see what is happening in the world this week.